Have you ever been on the Internet and control+tabbed away your life by going to random news sites? Have you ever opened up a browser window intending to get something done and then forgotten all about it? Well, Momentum is for you! Ariel Waldman showed it to me this week and it has already changed the way I work on the web.
What Does it Do?
Momentum replaces every new new tab page with a personal dashboard featuring todo, weather, and inspiration. Seeing my ToDo list every time I open a new tab to procrastinate has helped me tremendously. Every time you open a new tab, you’ll see an inspiring reminder of what you want to accomplish along with a nice, calming picture from somewhere awesome. You can even set a goal for the day right from the dashboard! Momentum might just prevent you from loading Reddit or Facebook for the tenth (or ten thousandth) time. It has definitely helped me.
- Todo list tracks your tasks
- See the weather for your area
- Set a goal to focus your day
- Clean design showcases inspirational photography and a motivating quote
- “Apps” button takes you back to the default Chrome home page when needed